Fact: More than 60% of people suffer from dental anxiety. The best way to overcome dental anxiety is by seeing a compassionate dentist with a dental team who puts your comfort first.
Fact: Your oral health impacts your overall health, so finding a dentist you’re happy to see is vital to your long-term health.
- Log on to Google, and search for “dentist near me.”
- Look more closely at the dentists who are located near your home or work (if you plan on staying there for years to come).
- Check out the Google, Facebook, Yelp, and other reviews for each practice.
- Does the dental practice have a website? If so, visit it for more information.
- Is there a way for you to request an appointment on their website? Being able to cross “make an appointment with the dentist” off your to-do list at 8 o’clock at night is a good feeling.
- Has it been a while since you’ve seen a dentist? Check the website for a financial policy, so you’ll already have an idea of how you will be able to afford any care you need that isn’t covered by your insurance.
- Take a look at the before and after photo gallery for each dentist. The results of their expertise are right there before your eyes.
- Does the dentist(s) offer same day crowns? You want a dentist who is dedicated to making optimal oral health as simple as possible for you.
- Does the practice offer general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry?
- Do they offer The Wand? If you often feel woozy or nervous at the very mention of the word “needle,” then The Wand is something you need in your life. The Wand is computer-assisted anesthesia, so you’ll have less pain and more targeted numbness with fewer sticks.
- Is the practice focused on preventative care? You’ll know the answer is yes if the dental team takes photos of your teeth, x-rays your entire mouth, offers you a cancer screening, and educates you on your mouth and current oral health status as part of your new patient visit.
- Is the dental team courteous on the phone? Were you on hold for a long time? You want a team that makes coming to see them simple.
- Did you enjoy your new patient visit?
- Tell a friend about your experience and leave a review.